Skip to content
The dry shake application method involves the “spreading” of the Xypex powder by hand or by mechanical spreader onto fresh concrete prior to finishing.
- Fresh concrete is placed, consolidated and levelled.
- Wait until concrete can be walked on leaving an indentation of 1/4 in. – 3/8 in. (6.5 mm – 9.5 mm). Concrete should be free of bleed water and be able to support the weight of a power trowel. Then, float open the surface.
- Immediately after floating open the surface, apply one-half of the dry shake material by a hand or mechanical spreader. The dry shake material must be spread evenly.
- As soon as the dry shake material has absorbed moisture from the base slab, it should be power floated into the surface.
- When concrete has hardened sufficiently, power trowel surface to the required finish. For further information, see Xypex Products (DS Series).