Applied as a second coat, Xypex Modified chemically reinforces Xypex Concentrate where two coats are required and produces a harder finish. Where dampproofing is required, a single coat of Modified may be used as an alternative to a spray/tar emulsion. Xypex prevents the penetration of water and other liquids from any direction by causing a catalytic reaction that produces a non-soluble crystalline formation within the pores and capillary tracts of concrete and cement-based materials.
- Sewage and Water Treatment Plants
- Secondary Containment Structures
- Tunnels and Subway Systems
- Underground Vaults
- Parking Structures
- Swimming Pools
- Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure
- Becomes an integral part of the substrate
- Allows concrete to breathe
- Resistant to aggressive chemicals
- Does not require dry weather or a dry surface
- Cannot puncture, tear or come apart at the seams
- No costly surface priming or leveling prior to application
- Does not require sealing, lapping and finishing of seams at corners, edges or between membranes
- Can be applied to the positive or the negative side of the concrete surface
- Does not require protection during backfilling or during placement of steel, wire mesh or other materials
- Less costly to apply than most other methods
- Not subject to deterioration
Xypex Modified is available in 60 lb. (27.2 kg) pails and 50 lb. (22.7 kg) bags.
For normal surface conditions, the coverage rate for each coat is 6 – 7.2 sq. ft. per lb. (1.25 – 1.5 lb. per sq. yd. or 0.65 – 0.8 kg/m2).