KEIM Granital-Grob is a coarse textured filling, potassium silicate tinted priming paint complying with VOB/C DIN 18 363 2.4.1 for the base and intermediate coats within the Granital System. The Granital system is a traditional water-repellent, ready-to-apply historic potassium silicate based exterior paint. It offers water repellency, high vapor permeability and forms a chemical bond with the mineral substrate.
• KEIM Granital-Grob serves as a base and intermediate coat within the KEIM Granital system.
• In certain cases KEIM Granital-Grob can be used as a bridging coat on previously painted surfaces where most but not all of the old coating can be removed.
• It can also be used to fill non-moving hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm and equalize different textures on the facade.
• KEIM Granital-Grob is particularly suitable for old historic and new surfaces.
• Ideal absorbent surfaces include but are not limited to, brick, stucco, historic masonry, stone, lime plasters, mortars, CMU, GFRC, cement boards and renders.
• In combination with products from the KEIM Granital system a wide variety of application areas are possible.